Cari Brownlee

May I Stop Paying Child Support Because My Ex-Wife or Ex-Husband Will Not Give Me My Visitation?

In Children Issues on July 16, 2010 at 10:32 pm

You should not stop paying child support because your ex-spouse is not letting you exercise your court-ordered visitation. Child support and visitation are two separate issues. Refusal by a party to allow possession or access to a child does not justify failure to pay court-ordered child support. If you stop paying court-ordered child support, you could be held in contempt of court.

If you are not being allowed to exercise your court-ordered visitation rights, contact me, Cari Brownlee, at 281-410-1177.

%d bloggers like this: